Status
Not open for further replies.

spectrumranch

Songster
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
South Dakota & Wisconsin
I have heard of using sponges to kill coyotes. If anyone has an experience:

Does it need to be a natural sea sponge?

Does the sponge need to be tied in a ball with cotton rope, so it expands in the stomach?

Do you place it in a meatball, or soak it in bacon grease or ?

Quote:
its large kitchen sponges soaked in bacon grease or some such tasty thing, but as the other poster says, its a slow agonizing death and not really a nice way to kill an animal. its also no guarantee it will kill the animal. and you risk the other animals while your at it, the neighbors dog, your dog, bears, even deer and cattle , yeah you wouldnt think they would eat something like that but occasionally they find something bizarre and eat it. my horse ate a plastic shopping bag once, no reason either. better ways to cure coyote problems

Quote:
That would be a terrible painful death. I don't care if an animal is a predator, that is their nature. A long suffering death isn't needed. We have had to shoot coyotes before because they kept hanging around the swing set waiting for turkeys to come by. A person that is a good shot, can put down an animal swifty without it being torturous.

Ok you guys are right- will let Nature take it's course. Survival of the fittest.

We do shoot coyotes when I see them, with the huge population of them I hate seeing the damage they cause:

1coyotedamage.jpg

I'm sure this heifer they chased over a fence and she got hung up, realizes it's nature!

Should have took photos of the horse they chased and impaled itself on a t post and drove it up into it's chest.

Quote:
I wouldnt use a torterous method to kill them but being a livestock farmer myself I agree that they don't need any chances just because its their nature to be a perdator. Shoot on sight. Done and over and you can sleep at night.

Get a few donkeys to protect your herd!
smile.png

The barn I ride at has a herd of cattle, and they run 5 or 6 standard donkeys with them. They're the cutest fuzzy little dudes with huge floppy ears, and they're super sweet, but I couldn't figure out why they were there... until I heard the coyotes one night. Apparently these little bitty donkeys have killed several coyotes.

Nature.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom