Sponges for coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
We have donkeys and llamas as guards, and they do work good. We just have to many coyotes, I can hear over 40 coyotes any night- easily. We keep a gun in each vechile, but rarely see them during the day.

Hope you get your coyote... but on the sponge thing, I once caught my dog retching up a kitchen sponge, so I don't think that method would work. This was decades ago, and nobody even knew she had eaten the sponge, the dog was old with poor eyesight at the tiime. I suspect the sponge hit the ground, her nose said, "food" and sha bam, it was swallowed.

Quote:
We have donkeys and llamas as guards, and they do work good. We just have to many coyotes, I can hear over 40 coyotes any night- easily. We keep a gun in each vechile, but rarely see them during the day.

When I hear coyotes I call my DH's friend. he goes out at night or early in the morning before sunup and shoots them.

Quote:

When I hear coyotes I call my DH's friend. he goes out at night or early in the morning before sunup and shoots them.

snares at "crawl unders " on fences work well

my neighbors have 2 donkeys, love to hear them
bray and we haven't seen any coyotes since, or for
that matter, possums, racoons, I like it!

Yep, a few donkey's are the way to go. Friend has donkeys and they chase theccoyotes and stomp them to death. Not a good way to go either but it works.

Donkeys and Llamas are both very effective predator deterrents. My dad's Llamas get used to his dogs and really don't pay attention to them, but if a strange one comes on the property they immediately go on guard. We have actually watched the coyotes go around his property to avoid coming into contact with the Llamas, and since he has gotten them they haven't lost a single lamb to predators.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom