Sportsman 1502 Hatcher HELP NEEDED

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DuckCommander, Mar 4, 2015.

1. DuckCommander

DuckCommander Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2012
    Alberta
    I purchased a used Sportsman Hatcher last fall. It is a 1502 (non digital) model.

I have been trying to regulate the temperature in it for the last few days and am having major troubles.

I currently have it running with all 5 vent holes in back and 2 vent holes in side open and cannot get the temperature down from 104 degrees. Electronic thermostat is as low as it can go.

I put a new thermostat wafer in last night. Doesn't change anything.

I have tried unwiring the electronic thermostat and running just off the wafer thermostat, then I cannot get it higher then 85 degrees.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I NEED it up and running for Friday!

2. DuckCommander

DuckCommander Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2012
    Alberta
    I found instructions for the 1202-1250-120-1266 models and it looks the same as those in pictures as well. but I was told 1500 so I'm going with the 1502...

3. HatchCraft

HatchCraft Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2011
    North Florida
    The model number matters to get the correct wiring diagram. Some models either the electronic thermostat could be plugged in or the wafer, but only one at a time. If the electronic thermostat failed you would unplug it and plug in the backup wafer thermostat. On other models the wafer was wired in series with the electronic thermostat and would kick in automatically if the electronic thermostat exceeded a certain temp. If it is the type where the thermostats are wired in series the wafer can't work if the electronic thermostat is disconnected. I think the electronic thermostat has failed, but you should still be able to control temp with the wafer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by