Sportsman question (beeping)

ma2babygurl13

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Fairborn OH
We have a Sportsman 1502 cabinet incubator. Yesterday it started beeping but stopped before DH could find out why it did it twice about 2 hours apart. It is in the basement so by the time he heard it and got down there it had stopped, maybe lasted a minute or two. The Temp and Humidity were fine, but it concerns me that something is going wrong. I really don't want to loose my 160 eggs that are in it! We never heard it do this before and used it for several months last year. Does anyone know what it might have been????

also not positive it is what was beeping, but that is the only thing we could think of that would beep in the basement!

thank you! I read through the guide, and from what I can tell a short audible beep is when the turners engage every 2 hours. Hopefully that is all it is, and maybe we just never heard it last year!

I got sick of hearing mine - so I wrote customer service. This is what they had to say:

There isn’t any way to turn the speaker down, but you can disconnect it. If you unplug the incubator and remove the top you will see the round noise maker mounted near the thermostat. Just unplug it from the thermostat to turn it off and everything else will function normally.

Regards,

G.Q.F. Sales Team

Yes a few people have complaned, all it is, is the incabator telling you its turning the rack
smile.png
your eggs will be fine

I'm glad I found out how to turn that beeper off. I though I was having a temp spike and hearing the alarm... I don't need to know that my eggs turned every 2 hours!
he.gif
I've learned to count the beeps subconciously, more than 26 beeps and I'm jogging upstairs to the incubator. lol

To stop the beeper do this. After switching off the power remove the top which is fastened with 5 screws on each side on the lower edge of the flange. On the right rear corner of the incubator near the plug-in module is located is the round beeper. The beeper wires travel to the command center box. Along that wire you will see a plug-in assembly. Unplug the beeper at that point.

I got sick of hearing mine - so I wrote customer service. This is what they had to say:

There isnt any way to turn the speaker down, but you can disconnect it. If you unplug the incubator and remove the top you will see the round noise maker mounted near the thermostat. Just unplug it from the thermostat to turn it off and everything else will function normally.

Regards,

G.Q.F. Sales Team
Is this the same alarm for the temperature and humity?

Back
Top Bottom