sportsman

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hunter1hall, Jun 15, 2009.

1. greathorse

greathorse Songster

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Do not be concerned about the new heater and fan. The heating element is about a 10 dollar item and easy to replace. The new fan will likely be the higher velocity fan and will be a benefit. The working parts in this bator are as simple as can be and not a problem to replace. The turner is the most costly item to replace

2. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    if you want to get an idea of prices for replacement parts go to GQF, there are instructions and a price list, if you really need parts there are other places to get them less expensive

3. theswede

theswede Songster

May 7, 2009
    Woodbury, TN
    I can tell you right now, GET IT!!!
    I just bought a new sportsman, and the egg trays and paid $670 something this was before shipping!! I bought it just about a month ago, and I shopped around for about two months before getting this one. Find out about shipping or go get it. [​IMG]

4. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I agree - I bought mine new without the clear door and it was almost $700 with tax. DEFINITELY worth the money. GQF also recommends replacing parts so I wouldn't be concerned with that. Since I've gotten mine, it's run constantly so I can understand how parts can burn out.

5. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Songster

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    I would offer him $350.00 for it. I got one for $275.00 this year.
    But if they won't budge then just get it!
    ~Rebecca

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: