Spots in egg yolks?

mikenandrea

Songster
10 Years
Jun 1, 2009
Douglas, GA
Can someone tell me why my eggs have spots in them? I am not sure if they are blood spots or not. All my eggs turn out this way. Every since my hens started laying. The 2 that is laying, that is.. They have been this way for 2 months?

Probably just meat spots. It happens, with some hens it happens a lot. They don't change the taste/texture of the egg at all and are just fine for eating. If you think it could be something else post a pic. and we'll try to figure it out.

Yes they are brown spots.. They are not subjected to a rooster
smile.png

Is there anything I can do to make them go away?

Quote:
Not that I know of. For some hens it's just part of their process, for others it's an occasional thing. Like I said before though, it doesn't effect the taste or texture of the eggs, just looks a little odd before you cook them.

Here's some information on meat spots and what, if anything, can be done about them:

http://www.thepoultrysite.com/publications/1/egg-quality-handbook/29/meat-spots

The incidence of meat and/or blood spots has nothing to do with having a rooster.
roll.png
If you have a rooster you can tell the egg is fertilized by looking at the egg yolk, but you have to look closely and know what you're looking for.
I have a very active rooster and have seen maybe one meat spot with my flock in two years, three blood spots.

Back
Top Bottom