Spots on the *inside* of the eggshell?

Supernatural

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 7, 2010
Des Moines
Sometimes my chicken eggs have spots - grayish, almost looks like mildew - on the inside of the eggshell. Obviously, I don't notice this until the egg is cracked into my frying pan.

Anybody know what causes this? Are the eggs safe to eat?

Sometimes my eggs have blood spots inside and as the egg gets older the spots get darker or more gray rather than red. Could that be it?

Well, they're not part of the egg, just on the inside of the SHELL. We do get some meat spots occasionally from one of our hens, but in the egg white. I wonder if that could be related? Just not sure if this is a problem or not.

I have had this same problem. Not sure what it is, but some of the eggs have holes punched in them where the brown spots are. And some of our eggs smell like chicken poop when you crack them into the pan. They don't smell when you first crack them until they start cooking. The first time, I didn't notice the smell, so I took a bite out of my egg and threw up because it tasted like chicken poop. Our chickens did have mites. Not sure if they still do. Maybe the mites are getting into the eggs? I would post a picture if I could figure out how to do it.

Back
Top Bottom