Spots on waddles and crests

Dzinegirl001

Chirping
Oct 14, 2023
Hi there my chick9have just started laying about 2 weeks now but suddenly they have spots on the waddles and crests what is this and how do I treat it?
20240303_163701.jpg

3 of my girls are now looking better. The white spots have turned black and are now disappearing. The 4th has always been the smallest and just now she's looking like she's got it even worse than the other did. Is that how the progression of fowl pocks goes? Ive been putting electrolytes in their water. Not sure if that helped but I figured it couldn't hurt. Any suggestions?

It looks like you're dealing with a mild strain of Fowl Pox. You're lucky. It should pass through your flock in 4 to 6 weeks. Eggs are safe to eat.
If any lesions form near the eyes, the bird might scratch her eye and possibly cause a bacterial eye infection in which case you can apply Terramycin eye ointment or plain Neosporin to treat it until healed.

It looks like you're dealing with a mild strain of Fowl Pox. You're lucky. It should pass through your flock in 4 to 6 weeks. Eggs are safe to eat.
If any lesions form near the eyes, the bird might scratch her eye and possibly cause a bacterial eye infection in which case you can apply Terramycin eye ointment or plain Neosporin to treat it until healed.

Back
Top Bottom