Spotted egg chicken breed

Illia

Crazy for Colors
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Forks, WA
Quote:
marans

About 1 in 10 Marans lay a really good spotted/speckled egg.

Honestly even Welsummers don't give a blotchy enough looking egg to pass as a quail-mockery. The best thing to actually do is cross different dark egg layers. I've seen Penedesenca x Welsummers lay some pretty consistant spotted, blotted, and speckled eggs!
smile.png

PortugalBreeder

Songster
9 Years
Oct 9, 2010
Quote:
marans

Honestly even Welsummers don't give a blotchy enough looking egg to pass as a quail-mockery. The best thing to actually do is cross different dark egg layers. I've seen Penedesenca x Welsummers lay some pretty consistant spotted, blotted, and speckled eggs!
smile.png

Do you have maran eggs for sale?

texasgal

Brood with an Attitude
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
My olive egger lays spotted eggs .. this was one of her original .. some of them are REALLY spotted, some not at all .. She is araucana and welsummer... I believe.

28464_080110_004.jpg

Illia

Crazy for Colors
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Forks, WA
Quote:

smile.png

Do you have maran eggs for sale?

In the spring.
wink.png
Right now I'm using them for Olive Eggers, but in general, yes.

PortugalBreeder

Songster
9 Years
Oct 9, 2010
Quote:
Awesome! Like it a lot, I wish I had some.
Anyone feel free to post your spotted layer eggs pictures!! ..it's always a pleasure to see.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Top Bottom