Spotted egg chicken breed

Marans can lay both stippled and spotted eggs
smile.png
:

11818_3rd_gen_pullet_eggs_010.jpg

11818_leopard_eggs.jpg

Quote:
Trust me you don't have an Araucana x RIR - You have an Easter Egger (mutt) with no Araucana in it what so ever.
wink.png
The egg would be green if it was.
smile.png

But, yes, the spots wash off. Any spotting or extra dark color washes off because it is literally sprayed on the egg as it passes through.

Well, the only chickens in the mix that this pullet came from were Araucana roosters, RIR hen and a Barred Rock hen.

I do have an Easter Egger who lays green eggs.

idunno.gif

Last edited:
You're SURE the roosters are Araucanas? If they really are, they must have some pretty poor egg genes then, because you should expect a green egg, not a brown one.

btw drom - LOVE those blotchy ones. If only I had more Marans with consistancy like that. . . I've got one, who on her first egg and about every other egg lays a really awesome blotchy spotted one, but nothing more than her.

I'm no expert, I'm just going with what the lady said who gave us the eggs that we incubated. LOL

Guess I'll have to post some pics in the What Gender section.

gig.gif

Quote:
ahhahah-thank you Ilia and Cackelberry. Actually, I used to get mostly solid eggs and I wanted the spotted ones. Now I am getting a rash of stippled and spotted eggs and wish I got more solid ones
lol.png

Several of the pullets in my 3 generation are little Picassos. I am waiting for something to send in to an egg show and these girls are just goofing off.
rant.gif

Alice, those are beautiful! Ok, gotta get me some Olive Eggers!!!
Turkey egg
22798_blue_slate_turkey_egg.jpg

Lightly speckled Olive Eggs from my past
22798_olive_egger_eggs_2000.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom