Spraddle leg question

Bird Brain

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
Hixson, TN
My first hatch and I have a spraddle baby. I have done the research and already taped this baby up, but it is a severe case. Poor thing was so flexible that he could stand on its wings. I untaped him after 1 day and saw improvement. But still spraddle and it seems as though he isnt grasping with his feet yet.

I would like ya'lls input and your experiences. How long did it take for your babies to be corrected? I am willing to give him my all, but just wondering his chances. Am I setting myself up for heartbreak?

I think about 2 weeks.
Could you seperate it with one of the weaker ones??

About the heartbreak it depends on breed and gender.
Good luck
hugs.gif

I am not sure of the breed. I will have to get a pic so I can get some help with that too.
Anyone else have experience with this?

I think his legs are going under him now, but his legs are still so weak, and he isn't using his toes.

I haven't had an experience with this myself but I was reading an article yesterday where the people with the problem said that most of the time by the time the adhesive gave out on the bandaid, the problem was fixed. They did say that they'd gone through as many as 4 bandaids on some before they were better.

Good luck!

I wish you the best of luck. I had this problem with one chick. After doing everything possible with some success after two weeks she took a turn for the worst. While doctoring this chick we got really attached. I won't try to save one again(unless it's a slight case). It broke my heart to see her suffer and about killed me when i had to put her down. I have read of several ppl that have had success rehabing so i'm not saying not to try.... just be ready for the worst. Good Luck and our hearts go out to your little chick.

Back
Top Bottom