Spraddle Leg - Splay Leg Treatment Instructions

I also have a spraddle quail. It is up and walking now. How long do I leave the brace on it?

I've put some advice on how long to have the brace on in the Spraddle Leg section on the Poultry Podiatry page on the site linked in my sig that could help.

I think I will leave it on until tonight. It seems to be walking a lot better. I think it worked straight away.

Has anyone tried using Rainbow Loom bands to create a spraddle leg treatment without any knots?

I am going to work on it with my 8 year old Rainbow Loom fanatic and see what we can come up with.

Kelly,
I am dying to know what happened with your chick. I have one that I've been dealing with that looks exactly like your picture and I can't seem to find anything on what it is or how to treat it. I have been wrapping her legs together for a week now and I'm wondering if I should be trying hay, or vitamins, or something different to try to fix a tendon? I need HELP. Kinda freaking out over here, this is my first experience with pet chickens and I don't want to cull if there are any other options. She is so sweet and pretty.
Amy

i tried this elastic method, because it is a keet chick and quite a bit smaller than chicken chick,

I just made 2 knots with the space in between so there are 1 loop on each end lick this. O-O so all I had to do is strech the loops out and put the legs through, had a little leg room but I won't have to adjust or worry about anything..:rolleyes:

(I have an assortment of elastics on the desk and found the smallest. :rolleyes:

Amazing all these fixes work, my family thinks I'm pretty good doing this, I had to admit
That I got all the info on this site. Thanks you made me look real good.
:D Oh and my keet
Is walking around with the hobbles I didn't think it would be able to walk around with it on
Needed to add that for the next person so they know that they will be able to walk.

Is there an inexpensive place to take a 4month old chicken to have her leg amputated near chicago???? She has a splayed leg and it looks very painful.

Tammyjo--
Bless you! I so feel for you with your pullet & your struggles.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I hope you find the most beneficial solutions. It is hard to face, I know.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom