sprained foot?

seedling

Hatching
10 Years
Jul 9, 2009
One of my hens started limping yesterday. I've really looked at both of her feet and I see no difference on the one she is favoring. Visually, there is nothing wrong with the foot. When I touch it, she does curl her toes inward as if to protect it. The only thing I have noticed is that the foot that is not bothering her seems warmer than the foot that is a problem. It's like she has a circulation issue in the bad foot. Other than the limp, she seems absolutely fine. Eating and drinking well. Any ideas as to what this could be? Thanks in advance!

Is she falling back when she is walking?...kinda like she is sitting? I checked my leghorn the other day because I'm having the same problem with my hen. She gets around okay and is eating/drinking fine (just like yours), but she doesn't move as much as the others. Bottom of her feet are fine. She gets up on her roost fine. I'm hoping it will just heal. I'd like to know too!!!!

No, I wouldn't say she is 'falling back', she's just visibly limping and/or favoring that foot. When she first starts walking it seems worse, as she gets going she will put more weight on that foot. I am hoping she just sprained it somehow and it will get better?

Back
Top Bottom