Sprang, injured or vitamin deficiency leg in baby chicken.

Is this common to have it? How long can it take to go away?

• Poll choice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • poll choice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Olga K

Hatching
Sep 6, 2019
NC
I got a barely week old tiny leg bar. She was robust and perfect but last morning I woke up seeing it limping and her leg is cramped. Today it is not any better I fact all her toes r cramped. I am not sure how she could hurt herself in a box. It is juts her and her sister. She is still very lovely but no improvement on the foot. I am trying to understand if it is some Vitamin deficiency or she hurt herself. How long this takes to hill. I give them water with vitamins and I give them purina none medicated chick started. Also boiled some millet and probiotic water. Again she is super active and it has been like this for 3 days almost, but her leg is 3 toes on the foot are super cramped and she jumps on one leg around. Anyone know what to do? Shall i take her to the doctor in a week if this does not go away. I got a barely week old tiny leg bar. She was robust and perfect but last morning I woke up seeing it limping and her leg is cramped. Today it is not any better I fact all her toes r cramped. I am not sure how she could hurt herself in a box. It is juts her and her sister. She is still very lovely but no improvement on the foot. I am trying to understand if it is some Vitamin deficiency or she hurt herself. How long this takes to hill. I give them water with vitamins and I give them purina none medicated chick started. Also boiled some millet and probiotic water. Again she is super active and it has been like this for 3 days almost, but her leg is 3 toes on the foot are super cramped and she jumps on one leg around. Anyone know what to do? Shall i take her to the doctor in a week if this does not go away?

I got a barely week old tiny leg bar. She was robust and perfect but last morning I woke up seeing it limping and her leg is cramped.

all her toes r cramped.

I am trying to understand if it is some Vitamin deficiency or she hurt herself.

I give them water with vitamins and I give them purina none medicated chick started. Also boiled some millet and probiotic water. Again she is super active and it has been like this for 3 days almost, but her leg is 3 toes on the foot are super cramped
Can you post some photos of your chick and her feet?
I would start her on B-Complex to see if that helps. 1/4 tablet daily.

Back
Top Bottom