Spraying duck eggs

Mollyblooms8

In the Brooder
Dec 18, 2020
Hey everyone,

I was wondering when I start cooling and spraying my duck eggs.
I’ve looked online and some say start at day 14, some say sooner...
what do you guys recommend?
Also, what is a good number of minutes to cool the egg before spraying and then placing back in the incubator?

mcdze

Songster
Sep 9, 2020
my ex hatched a batch of duck eggs once and never did any of that .. most of them hatched and that woman could kill anything trust me ...

Jessicamtorres93

In the Brooder
Dec 14, 2020
Hey everyone,

I was wondering when I start cooling and spraying my duck eggs.
I’ve looked online and some say start at day 14, some say sooner...
what do you guys recommend?
Also, what is a good number of minutes to cool the egg before spraying and then placing back in the incubator?

HI! I just hatched 3/3 duck eggs. I did read about that online, but didn't do it. I would take them out to candle the eggs which allowed them to cool down a bit. and every few days I wet my hand and let a few drops drip on the eggs. Just make sure too keep the humidity up and keep them warm. I cooled them 2 times a week after day 8, but I don't know if that's necessary.

Good luck!

-Jessica

Mollyblooms8

In the Brooder
Dec 18, 2020
HI! I just hatched 3/3 duck eggs. I did read about that online, but didn't do it. I would take them out to candle the eggs which allowed them to cool down a bit. and every few days I wet my hand and let a few drops drip on the eggs. Just make sure too keep the humidity up and keep them warm. I cooled them 2 times a week after day 8, but I don't know if that's necessary.

Good luck!

-Jessica

Awesome, thanks Jessica I’ll try that!
I’m on day 3 so I have a bit to go but I’ll give it a shot!
I’ve got my temp at 37.5c and humidity at 55%

Molly

Top Bottom