Spread the word....this is how we do it

GopherBoyFarms

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 18, 2008
Vancouver WA
Some one called up about an ad we have on craigslist (selling 2 roosters). And started asking us about best incubators, how to know if eggs are fertile and so on.....my words to him was "Go to the website backyardchickens.com and you can find all the answers you need". I went on to tell him it was a free site, and that it is how we learned about raising chickens. Now he is coming over to see our set up, and I will show him this site.

Also, we get about 5 or so emails with people asking us about chickens. We always try to awnswer them with info and with a link to BYC

Also have linkable banners on our 3 other websites that link back to BYC!!!

spread the word!!! I figure if this is where we learned everything, anyone else out there can learn here too!!

Don't know if I am a walking, talking typing billboard for BYC but also over this weekend due to DS and I wearing BYC shirts we had 3 people copy the name to BYC right off our shirts!!!!!

~Tiff~

I have a badge on my website that links back to the BYC homepage. I was amazed at how many of my fellow bloggers were ALREADY here!
big_smile.png

I havnt ever blogged really.....is there a free one that is good? I would like to try it but dont know ....this and facebook/myspace are the closest I come to blogging.....I havent even looked is I can blog there...maybe i can. But if I blogged someplace else it would be one more spot to spread the chicken word!

I like Wordpress for blogging. I don't have much of a blog, yet, but that's the one I have set up (DH and I host our blogs on our own server, but I don't think you need to with Wordpress). Blogger is also pretty good.

Facebook is more of a social networking site than a blog.

BTW, check out BYC's Facebook page (a link to it is in my sig). I'm the "hostess" there.
smile.png

Quote:
I'm still a strong fan of Blogger. It's powered by Google, has unlimited free storage, and a completely simple what-you-see-is-what-you-get interface.

Give it a shot--you have nothing to lose! If you have a Facebook page, you can also set it up so that new blog entries are posted there.

Quote:
I think I am a member of the facebook BYC but it would be under my name Tiffany _ _ _ _ _ _ _
with the same avatar of my kittin I am using here

I love the way you guys think! <sniff> I'm so proud of you!
wink.png

These are really good suggestions. I have a saved search on craigslist for "chickens" and check it from time to time. I also have an RSS feed setup for the same. When I see peeps post about chickens I sent them a quick hello with a link to BYC. You can even meet some cool people!

Funny story: I saw a local post in CL from someone looking for info on chickens. I sent an email saying they should visit BYC. I told them what county I was in asked if they were local. They replied that they were in the county and told me what city they lived in. I was surprised we were in the same city. I then told them what part of the city we were in... yup, they were in the same part of the city. Well, long story short, they literally live on the next street down from us... about 8 houses away! We walk over and visit from time to time. They said they had been on BYC many times!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom