Spring 2017 first timers post!

Pics
It sure has, this is the 900th post!

I had no idea when I started it it would blow up loke this!

I am the last to get my chicks, 27 days away...

Gary

Gary: How about an update on your coop building/permit getting project?

It sure has, this is the 900th post!

I had no idea when I started it it would blow up loke this!

I am the last to get my chicks, 27 days away...

Gary

Gary: How about an update on your coop building/permit getting project?
X2
ya.gif

The coops almost done, I just need to trim it out and install the windows and paint/stain it. No visit from code enforcement yet, just the letter in the mail saying there is a complaint and they will investigate it. I am hoping to have drawings before they come out and the permit application submitted but that depends on how soon they decide to come look. I ill go snap some pics right now hold on... I was waiting for the big reveal once complete but since everyone wants to see it....

Stay tuned

Gary

So many cute chickie babies I don't know where to start!  WOW this thread has exploded! :celebrate

A couple things...

I see a few people getting Barnevelders on this thread, if you can would you mind posting a picture of the chick?  I have no idea what the chicks look like and I ordered one.  Also if anyone had a Swedish Flower Hen I would love to see those too.  

Anyone order from Meyer?  I did and Im wondering how long it took for you chicks to arrive.  Mine are due to hatch monday 3/13 and Im trying to figure out if I should take Tuesday off or not.  Im in Massachusetts.  Maybe I should just start another thread for this question.

Also anyone who ordered from Meyer, did you receive extra chicks?  I mean more than you ordered?  I ordered 15 plus one meal maker and just curious if I will receive more as Im only planning on keeping about 8.  

Thanks friends

I hatched 2 Swedish flowers from eggs that I got from this site. One is for sure a rooster but I'm still not sure on the other one.

This is nutmeg as a chick and 5 weeks old.

This is Daisy the roo

Daisy is in front and nutmeg is to the right. My buff Orpington is behind them, she is just a few days older but so much bigger!

The coops almost done, I just need to trim it out and install the windows and paint/stain it.  No visit from code enforcement yet, just the letter in the mail saying there is a complaint and they will investigate it.  I am hoping to have drawings before they come out and the permit application submitted but that depends on how soon they decide to come look.  I ill go snap some pics right now hold on...  I was waiting for the big reveal once complete but since everyone wants to see it....

Stay tuned

Gary

I still need to cut out the vents up high, two large ones on each side, install the 3 windows and trim and paint. I have 27 days...

Gary

Last edited:
Ours was a lot more $$ than we expected too
1f914.png
1f631.png

Lol, it always cost twice as much and takes twice as long!

My building, I am calling it the barn, could be used as a tiny house or an office or who knows should we ever decide not to raise chickens, which I doubt...

Its only about 160 sq ft but with 12 foot ceilings, 2 skylights, 3 windows and a loft its going to be really nice:) Spoiled chickens!
lau.gif

Gary

Back
Top Bottom