Spring 2017 first timers post!

Pics
Barnevelder:

She was a little under the weather in these pics, but she's doing a bit better now. But I wanted to get these up for you @Merrymouse

Not the best pics, sorry. I'll pull out my actual camera for individual pics of all of them soon!
I ordered from Meyer. I live about 5 hours south of Meyer but they shipped Monday and arrived Wednesday.

Wow, exploded indeed. Cuteness overload, and all the coops look amazing!

Don't worry Gary, you're certainly not last, I've got 50 days to wait myself
sad.png

Thanks for the pictures @ImportTheBest I'm also getting some Barnevelder
smile.png

@Velocirooster
@abcn123s
Your coops & runs look fabulous
1f60d.png
Looking forward to seeing everyone's chicks
1f60a.png

You guys are doing a great job on your new homes, we are feeling a little intimidated with our effort.

tjbaker70: Very sorry to hear about your loss, rest assured that you put up a good fight and so did she.

Gary: Glad you are getting close, we are fighting weather but inching forward. TBC, BB

I just got my first 8 birds. They're all gold sex link. I plan to get some different birds eventually and give some of these to friends. But in TX we have to buy 6 at any one time.

I just got my first 8 birds. They're all gold sex link. I plan to get some different birds eventually and give some of these to friends. But in TX we have to buy 6 at any one time.

They'll be great layers, congrats I'm sure you'll enjoy them thoroughly!
1f601.png

Kentucky has the 6 minimum law as well from the feed stores etc, but if at any point you just want to add a few more you can try Craigslist and keep them separated until you know they're healthy and large enough to join the flock. Also, Meyer hatchery and a few others offer smaller minimums (Meyer is 3 in warmer months) but the downside is that you pay shipping.

I can't help but laugh at the meaties sleeping on the food!
1f604.png
Everybody is warm and settled in for some sleep. I for one am excited for my heating pad to arrive tomorrow because here I am sleeping with my stair lights on and my bedroom door open...Why?? So that I can check on them during the night to be sure all is well with the heat lamp, especially because they're in our attached garage. And I have a small fire extinguisher near the door to the garage.

I may be a nervous mama....
1f609.png
1f644.png
1f424.png
1f425.png

My new babies
1f425.png
1f425.png
1f917.png
Black Jersey Giants,Buff Orpingtons, Barred Rocks, Easter Eggers,and Pearl White Leghorns.... all thriving so far... 15 minutes after arriving to their new home
1f3e1.png
[/IMG]

So I have a busy next few weeks ahead of me. I'm closing on our house soon, need to get my coop picked up and assembled, need waterers and feeders heat lamp. And still need to order them from farm and fleet

Quote:
So excited about the swedish flower. Yours are so so pretty. Mine are hatchery quality so Im just hoping they look like swedish flowers. I didnt realize they were that much smaller than Orpingtons. I have 2 buffs and 2 Lavender Orps coming not to mention the big cochins I hope my Flower can deal with all those big girls. Thanks for posting the pictures but it looks like they come in so many different colors that Ill have to figure which one is the flower by process of elimination or size only.

Back
Top Bottom