1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

spring chicks

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by lazy gardener, Nov 20, 2012.

1. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    I'm in Central maine: I'm planning to start a few chicks in spring, sharing an order with a friend, do any of you readers have experience with Murray McMurray chicks, I'm looking at Black Australorpe, Ameraucana or EE, Dominique. Or if any locals have these breeds available as chicks or eggs, i'd love to hear from you. I'd especially love to hear from you if you have true Ameraucana or Dominique. Thanks.

2. I heard that when they arrive the chicks are very very dehydrated and weak
    I would never order chicks online though buying them there at the store physically is better

3. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Ive ordered from McMurray many times, and the chicks generally arrive in very good shape. You may lose a few, depending on how long they take to get to you. They will refund you any losses.

Millions of chicks are send thru the mail every year from dozens of hatcheries. Their can be some loss, depending on a lot of variables, but for the millions that are sent, the losses are minimal. My last two orders were this past month from Townline Hatchery in Michigan. I made 2 different orders of 50 chicks each, and didnt lose one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by