Spring chics :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bayouchica, Mar 8, 2009.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Hi yall, I've let a couple of bantam hens hatch some babies.

This is Brownie, with her 2 babies.

[​IMG]

Biting off more than you can chew,lol. [​IMG]
    This little chic is so tiny,tired its best to eat this grub.Mama ended up eating it.

[​IMG]

This is my Dovey,she is the best little mama.She hatched 4 super cute chics [​IMG] They go ut to range today,more pics to come.

[​IMG]

2. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I love seeing mammas and babies. They are so adorable. That little one with the grub is funny. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    What breed/mix is the little grub-eating chick? I had one hatch yesterday that looks just like him, and I am wondering what she might be.

3. chickenboy95

chickenboy95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    the years first spring chicks are always a great thing to see. i love seeing them little buggers. although mine hatch all year round even in winter because a hen decided she would hatch a nest up in the rafters. 11 chicks total. im glad none got hurt falling out of the rafters. love your chicks. very cute! [​IMG]

4. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Thanks yall, they are so much fun to watch. The mama hens work non stop scratching around for her babies.Sometimes the chics get in the way & they get lofted in the air,LOL.
    LilBizzy, I don't have a clue who their moms or the fathers are. Oh the joys of a free ranging flock [​IMG]

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Quote:I wish you had a pic of that! Very cute pics! [​IMG]

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

How sweet [​IMG]. I love to see the "family".

7. Waveron

Waveron Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    Idaho
    Thanks for sharing, what a cute cute family!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by