Spring fever?

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
OR just a crazy women?? It seems like every year, when spring arrives--I start to get into 'over-drive'. I love the hot days, the garden, the fruit trees, adding honey supers to my hives, seeing the bees on the blooms, starting my veggie and flower seeds, planting way too much garden, hoeing, pulling weeds and grass. I am mowing grass, weed eating and pulling the ones too close to the plants.. The dogs seem to 'shy' away from me --might be because they are getting baths, nails trimmed, ears washed--something- every few days...... Some days I feel like I have drank too much coffee or tea (I drink Decaf), I am almost hyper! It's like I can't get enough done in one day --after dark I am cleaning house, doing clothes, and dishes.. which is NOT my favorite things to do--but IF I do them at night, it leaves more time outside! My chickens will be here the first of July --13 POL hens and a roo... and I want everything perfect for them.. We finished the coop and the run is almost finished-- My grandson and I visit the coop everyday---to "check for eggs" --He is only two and he is gonna be so happy when we finally get the hens--He has his basket ready!!!
big_smile.png
Next yr, I am thinking of buying or making him a bee suit so he can go with me to the bee yard... Oh, what fun we will have!!

SOOOOOO, which is it???? Anyone else feel like they are on OVERDRIVE????? Dixie

Oh thank you for posing this, yes INDEED, I am with no spring kind of hyper going like crazy, and yes I am the coffee man and all the coffee I drink is the strongest colombian havey cafeien
lol.png
lol.png

I love spring and I love long light days, and it seems to be that none of us can get his/her stuff done in one day.

Omran

Type A-- I don't think I am type A--I am usually laid back--- I blame it on Spring!! LOL

Glad I am not the only one!!

Mary, they won't be chicks--they are point of lay hens and will be about 17-18 weeks old when they arrive.. I am getting 1 EE (hopefully that lays green eggs), 3 RIR, 3 BR, 3 BO and 3 true Blue Ameraucanas hens and a roo.. You'll know when to come over--cuz you'll hear me squealing!!

Back
Top Bottom