1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Spring Garden

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by grw40hp, Feb 10, 2013.

1. grw40hp

grw40hp Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2013
    Started some Potatoes and Early Peas this week end also have Pepper Plants and Tomatoes started inside.Cant wait for spring

2. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    You make me green with envy.Still another month or so to go here in central Illinois.

3. grw40hp

grw40hp Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2013
    Cant wait for Spring Weather love to Garden.We have a few warm days this time of year and i get the itch to get started.

4. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    It's driving me crazy here, I need to run the tiller thru the garden one more time before planting and it rains about every other day. We have alot of clay in the soil and it dries out slowly.

5. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    I started early this year ... maybe a little too early. Our potatoes are already up and usually we don't even plant them til mid March. Peas are up too. We built a small greenhouse over the pea bed and the potatoes are in our big greenhouse but we have to cover them at night because it still gets cold in there. I've already had to repot my tomatoes and I have winter squash that have been replanted twice now. AND of course, it snowed today - for the first time all winter. Figures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by