Spring is on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mullers3acers, Mar 7, 2009.

1. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    Last night the dh and I were cooking on the grill and we saw a Robin in the tree tops. Did the happy dance. This a.m .was on the phone with bil and saw one on the fence post. I am one of these people that once you see robins you know that spring is on the horizon. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Feathers Acres

Feathers Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    I know what you mean for us Michigan people it got to 64 degrees yesterday! it was beautiful I wore shorts and a camis and wasnt even cold! let my chickens out to enjoy it also. And oh my! I checked my weater report this morning and I havent seen so many rainy days in a week in months! Its good to see mother natures got change going on!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Oh and as I think of it now my TSC suppose to be getting bunnys in!)

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    No robins yet, but the finches and such have been singing up a storm. Past two days we had to open the kitchen door when cooking (otherwise we'd cook ourselves!) I'm just waiting for that one last snow storm that always hits just as everyone is getting ready for spring.

4. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Robins, red-winged blackbirds, turkey buzzards and killdeers are just a few of the migratory birds that I have seen this week. Yay! I love this time of year!

5. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    no robins here yet but the temp outside is 75 right now. it is so beautiful out and we have daffodills in bloom and the tulips are up also.

6. mullers3acers

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    The grass is turning green in some spots and the pussy willow tree is budding. I hope mother nature is not playing a trick on us it's been a really cold and brutal winter; especially for us who heat with woodstoves.

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    My tulips and daffodils are coming up! (Okay, they're only an inch above ground...but still!) [​IMG]

8. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    What do yall mean "spring is on the way"? Springs here kiddos. I've already got squash, eggplants, choi, mustard greens, collard greens, tomatos, banana peppers, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, and arugala in the ground growing well. Next week, the yellow meated and orange meated watermelons get planted. Whats taking you guys so long?

PHOTOS <----Klick

9. mullers3acers

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    Quote:Not fair!!!! [​IMG] But glad that you are planting.We will get there just will take a little time.

10. I am SOOOO darn happy to see 60 degrees at 6 AM that I can hardly stand my excitement. No more breaking ice in the water, no more dreading the walk to the barn, no more HEATERS in the chicken nursery, no more water heaters under the chickens waterer and finally NO MORE snow !!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by