"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

I live by that rule as well. I killed all my quail eggs and four chicken eggs for the ehal.
1f625.png

Yes it's the best rule to go by
Just so you don't get too exited saying I have this amount
Of eggs hatching but then only half hatch

Hi everyone! I am so excited to be starting our second hatch ever, hopefully on Sunday. Here's the lowdown -

*We have the following hens: Rhodebar, Blue Andalusian, Welsummer, and Dominique all covered by a Cream Legbar roo (mostly) and possibly a Rhodebar roo. (He sneaks a quickie in every now and then before getting knocked off!)

*Planning to set around 20 eggs in our ancient round Sears incubator. It has a new wafer installed and I am trying out a computer fan in it for air circulation.

I'm looking forward to following along with you all! I've been dreaming of hatching chicks for a couple months now. Though our first hatch wasn't a roaring success (only 7 hatched out of 24 - though some of those were definitely not fertile), it was so exciting to watch them hatch!

Hi everyone! I am so excited to be starting our second hatch ever, hopefully on Sunday. Here's the lowdown -

*We have the following hens: Rhodebar, Blue Andalusian, Welsummer, and Dominique all covered by a Cream Legbar roo (mostly) and possibly a Rhodebar roo. (He sneaks a quickie in every now and then before getting knocked off!)

*Planning to set around 20 eggs in our ancient round Sears incubator. It has a new wafer installed and I am trying out a computer fan in it for air circulation.

I'm looking forward to following along with you all! I've been dreaming of hatching chicks for a couple months now. Though our first hatch wasn't a roaring success (only 7 hatched out of 24 - though some of those were definitely not fertile), it was so exciting to watch them hatch!

Welcome!!! Don't just follow but bring us into your adventure!!! We have experience from completely new to been there done that. How exciting!!!

Back
Top Bottom