"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

UPDATE
@Sally Sunshine

Tossed 4 leghorn eggs, clear

Cant quit adding quail eggs to incubator:barnie
Hi Jack, same problem here. Just noticed that I have 2 hatches going into lockdown within a 3 day window. Will probably have to hatch in one of the other bators as well. Bad thing is I have a batch of eggs I was planning to set after the ones go into lockdown tomorrow. That's going to change my plans. Might not be a bad thing for 3 of my Silkies are trying to go broody
1f605.png

Last edited:
So set my eggs on Sunday.

8 wellsummer
6 deleware
23 olive eggers (don't ask, lol)
8 morans
8 Amerucanas
18 white silkies
1 random silkie

72 eggs...want to keep 6-10 hens. How is that for chicken math???

So far so good on the bator temps. Not sure how I'm going to handle this many chicks if this hatch goes well, lol.
Perfect math
1f605.png

8 wellsummer
6 deleware
8 morans
8 Amerucanas
18 white silkies
1 random silkie

So far so good on the bator temps. Not sure how I'm going to handle this many chicks if this hatch goes well, lol.
Yep, that's 6-10 hens

8 wellsummer
6 deleware
8 morans
8 Amerucanas
18 white silkies
1 random silkie

ep.gif
clap.gif

Broody hens take all the fun out of hatching chicks! Welcome back, Mike... welcome back!!! :clap
I like broodies! They are soooo cute watching them take the chicks out on a stroll. :love
Good to finally be here!!! Although my addiction never actually went away... I just didn't have a "fix" for it! Problem solved!!! :celebrate Got a few saddle cells, but no rollers, so I'm happy about that. I've put the 10 worst looking eggs in the refrigerbator to give it a test run. If it hatches these eggs, it should hatch most anything! :fl
:clap
:fl I pray your feeling better!!!! oh my goodness! I have to agree on this one yes, something about seeing chicks appear from overhead could seem exciting :lau tell me about it! :clap
You're the one turning chaos into an adjective. Better change your avy don't wanna be like that crazy window licker over in the corner thats chaos and hes "crazy". :D
:gig
Well my BF thinks im nuts, lol. He about had a heart attack when he saw how many eggs I put in the incubator!
:yuckyuck

8 wellsummer

6 deleware

8 morans

8 Amerucanas

18 white silkies

1 random silkie

Yep, that's 6-10 hens
1f605.png

Broody hens take all the fun out of hatching chicks! Welcome back, Mike... welcome back!!! :clap
I like broodies! They are soooo cute watching them take the chicks out on a stroll. :love
Good to finally be here!!! Although my addiction never actually went away... I just didn't have a "fix" for it! Problem solved!!! :celebrate Got a few saddle cells, but no rollers, so I'm happy about that. I've put the 10 worst looking eggs in the refrigerbator to give it a test run. If it hatches these eggs, it should hatch most anything! :fl
:clap
:fl I pray your feeling better!!!! oh my goodness! I have to agree on this one yes, something about seeing chicks appear from overhead could seem exciting :lau tell me about it! :clap
You're the one turning chaos into an adjective. Better change your avy don't wanna be like that crazy window licker over in the corner thats chaos and hes "crazy". :D
:gig
Well my BF thinks im nuts, lol. He about had a heart attack when he saw how many eggs I put in the incubator!
:yuckyuck
I love my broodies, they make hatching so easy
1f49c.png

Back
Top Bottom