"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

I thought so too, but when I googled it, it came up a lot as cause for death in the final days. Maybe I'm wrong, but it would make sense because I put a lot of water in the bator....

I suppose it's logical. Especially if water droplets got into their nostrils. :hugs

Isn't drowning in the last days more about eggs that have not lost enough moisture and are filled with fluid rather than humidity in the incubator?

My daughter named her turkey poult Jell-O.

Ahhh.. So sweet!

SOOOO happy my hatch is going fantastic. All except the silkies were shipped eggs with horrible saddle shaped huge air cells. Some of the air cells were even on the side. So far I have-broody momma #1 5 silkies,broody momma #2 4 silkies broody momma #3 due in a couple days sitting on 6
7 Barred rock,2 German belfelders, 2 lavender orphingtons and 4 silkies hatched from incubators. Have 7 additional pips
wee.gif

I had three pip at the wrong end. One was assisted out the other two are trying to zip on there own

Last edited:
I hadn't really been thinking about it since I don't want to get too attached to the babies. But, I do need to come up with some more names. The plan is to keep two female ducklings and four pullets from what is in the coop. All of the birds (looks like two ducklings and six chicks) in the incubator should get a free pass.
Anyhow! All of my birds are named after singers. So, I need to start looking for my list of names that I made up last year. And then I need some more names. I think there were only three names that I have not used yet.
Oooh! If the ducklings are male/female I can name them Meat Loaf and Patty Russo! The singer thing only started because my current rooster was supposed to be Meat Loaf. Steven Tyler just worked so much better for his personality and looks.
I have names for two of my hens, and for one of my chicks. Red is my darkest production RIR, and she's red... so she's Red. Blondie is a very white RSL, and White didn't seem to fit her. Thanks to Benny who stuck the name in my head, I have a chick named Balut. If I name any more of them, the next two will probably be John Travolta and Olivia Newton John. That way, when they become the main characters in grease, it won't come as a surprise.

Back
Top Bottom