"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Well I candled all 7 of my eggs this morning, all are forming except for one.
celebrate.gif
Super excited! I love my incubator it has great hatch rates, and usually all of my eggs that form will hatch.

Wonderful!

I tagged you last night for day 10 candle pics.
got them thank you!!!

Quote:
hugs.gif
just keep doing it and you will learn!

you have found the notes section and know there is also a ducks section in it correct?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...tch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends#post_16038498
@Sally Sunshine

Down to 13 Ameraucana eggs, lost 1 choc and 1 unlabeled egg.
Down to 8 Bielefelder eggs.

Good news is so far the CAMs seem to be where they should be for day 12. I ended up getting a new turner and it appears to be doing it's job. Hooray!
fl.gif
what a reg turner?

up to 6 babies so far only 30+ more to go LOL
jumpy.gif
yesss.gif

frow.gif

Silly Question @Sally Sunshine @mlm Mike i know there are contests that earn prizes, how does one donate something? Also I have never participated in a HAL are there prizes for people just participating in it?? I am confused
Some are open to all BYC members and some only for HAL members read each contest first post for details and second posts have prizes listed in some cases.
You can message mike with donations, Thank you so much!

Oh, ok. Well I wouldn't really consider that chick a runt. There really aren't runts in chickens, some could just be smaller because of the egg size that they hatched out of. Usually the first ones to hatch are the strongest and the last ones are not technically the weakest it just be because they are females, or they took a bit longer to form. And that's fine. I know people who do the same thing as you, but I actually like runts they are my favorite, I just think its good to give runts a chance they are equally the same as all the others, but they are just a tad smaller. Hows your hatch going? :)  

Yeah! Give runts a chance! That's my motto. :love

Oh, ok. Well I wouldn't really consider that chick a runt. There really aren't runts in chickens, some could just be smaller because of the egg size that they hatched out of. Usually the first ones to hatch are the strongest and the last ones are not technically the weakest it just be because they are females, or they took a bit longer to form. And that's fine. I know people who do the same thing as you, but I actually like runts they are my favorite, I just think its good to give runts a chance they are equally the same as all the others, but they are just a tad smaller. Hows your hatch going?
smile.png

Like I said, I don't want to sound heartless on a forum designed for backyard chickens.
hide.gif

Hows your hatch going?
smile.png
Four out and about. Still not ready to go to town, but looking healthy. Two appear to be about 1/2 finished zipping. Still breathing, but also resting now and again. Several pips that don't seem to be going anywhere else just yet.

Spent the last hour or so getting my five-week-olds out of the brooder to make room for the babies. I put them in the hen house, but separated from the full-growns so nobody gets picked on. Pecking order is one thing, but bullying can happen too. I'll integrate them once the flock is used to them being there.

hugs.gif
just keep doing it and you will learn!

you have found the notes section and know there is also a ducks section in it correct?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...tch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends#post_16038498
fl.gif
No! I knew about the notes (I have been reading them closely) but not that specific section in the notes on ducks. Maybe I should cruise some more threads. It is all I can do to keep up with the 3 threads I am trying to read... I promise I do search BYC for my questions before I post them. I will check out these duck notes. Honestly, I think I just waited to long to set them (waiting on distressed chick to hatch). For now I keep reading and tracking and misting. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom