Spurs on my hen?

I really don't think that a fifth toe would be up that high on the leg.
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
Not sure how old she is. My daughters got her from the local feed store on April 25th so I haven't had her for even a month yet. She is laying but the eggs are pretty fragile and the color is varying shades of brown. I also call her pucker lips.
I think she may older than you think. How many eggs does she lay in a week? Just curious. Also is she getting free choice oyster shells? Every once in a great while I may get a thin shell but mostly the shells are pretty hard.

Last edited:
Sorry it took me so long to reply. Yard work is never done. I don't know how old she is but the feed store we use has always given us fairly young hens. As I said, my daughters bought them and they really didn't know what questions to ask. This hen lays almost every day, but the broody hen I have usually tries to sit on it and breaks it. All four of my hens get free choice oyster shell. This hen is so sweet. She'll come running every time I come out and loves to be petted. If I sit on the porch steps she comes and plops down beside me. She's funny and a sweetie. Spurs and all.

Back
Top Bottom