SPURS!!! what do you do with them?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by rjv_piper, Oct 12, 2008.

1. rjv_piper

rjv_piper Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    I pulled off my black frizzle's spurs today, and they are huge! What do you do with them? I just got back from the Utah Fancy Poultry asso. Show, and a guy there told me to make ear rings out of them and sell them... was he seriouse? He said he knew a lady who sold some in Texas for like $300. I think he's crazy [​IMG] . Please confirm this [​IMG] Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. pattycake

pattycake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    fingerlakes, ny
    How did you get them off??

My rooster has some pretty big ones, but not like that!

3. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

him,,, or that lady,,, or both, are crazy. im pretty sure i could have HUNDREDS of them around here.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Earrings!

Bet they'd look cute on Michelle O.

[​IMG]

5. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

6. rjv_piper

rjv_piper Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    Quote:I just twisted them off. That's what the guy told me to do... lol [​IMG] I thought he was crazy [​IMG] lol that's okay though because crazy people bring joy to everyone else's lives [​IMG] lol I made a necklace out of them, and they look pretty cool now [​IMG] lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. AppleCrisp

AppleCrisp Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2007
    hmmm.
    For earring could he have ment the stretcher kind? The look like the kind people use to stretch there ear lobes... But I don't know about $300 ....

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

WHOA! My roo must be young, because he doesn't have anything that looks like that!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by