Squash bugs - bitter or toxic?

Definitely Squash Bugs! Immature ones too, I think. But these aren’t the same as what we call stink bugs around here, though there is a resemblance. The ones I stepped on did not let out a stench like would have happened if I stepped on some stink bugs.

Yes, these are older chooks and have had times out free ranging, though not this Summer. These are the same ones I put a Japanese beetle trap in the run for. Ate those with little hesitation!

Definitely Squash Bugs! Immature ones too, I think. But these aren’t the same as what we call stink bugs around here, though there is a resemblance. The ones I stepped on did not let out a stench like would have happened if I stepped on some stink bugs.

Yes, these are older chooks and have had times out free ranging, though not this Summer. These are the same ones I put a Japanese beetle trap in the run for. Ate those with little hesitation!
Squash bugs smell more acrid to me than stink bugs and Leaf-footed bug. Many kinds of each.

I can't get my chickens to eat them either. They look at earth worms as aliens too? Yet they eat all kinds of other gross things lol like stink bugs for example :sick

Back
Top Bottom