Squawking in Virginia Mountains

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DivineComedy, Oct 21, 2015.

1. DivineComedy

DivineComedy New Egg

Oct 18, 2015
    Hello All,

Born in New England, transplanted to the South as a teen. Currently spend time being a lawyer with definite good ole gal tendencies on my 95 acre farm (don't get too excited, most of it is wooded, rocky ridges...I'm in coal country afterall).

I share the space with dogs, cats, horses and, of course, chickens. Oh, and a lovely fella (dunno what he'll think of being an afterthought). He's an aficionado of mules and built the wagon we ride in on those days we can justify loafing.

Recently became very interested in using incubators (ok, stumbling across two lovely redwood Leady 1200 and 1650 at a farm auction really got it going).

As to specifics, I have a few French Black Copper Marans and a couple Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons (though I suspect they are really buff orpingtons that I was hoodwinked on) as well as a number others acquired through a friend hatching some of my eggs (even if the exact parentage isn't always apparent) and even the occasional purchase of pullets at tractor supply.

Hope to learn and be inspired.

Julie

2. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Julie. Glad you decided to join our flock. It sounds like you have a wonderful farm. :eek:) X2 on NorthFlChick; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]Hi Julie, nice to meet you. Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

5. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello Julie!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by