Squirrel got into their yard and I nearly got injured

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
Yeah..

I went out because they were running around the yard making noise.
Saw some furry bushy thing running away from them flinging itself at the fence.

Got in the yard and finally saw that it was a squirrel.
Left the door open wide enough and then tried to get it to run towards the door but it took 15 minutes of slipping around mud to get it in the direction I wanted
Finally got out but when I tried to close the door, I slipped a little and nearly cut my arm on some wire on the fence.

I'm fine though and I hope that squirrel doesn't come back because I'm pretty that if I hadn't helped it back out, our chickens would have finally tried their first squirrel

As to how it got in, there's a small space on the fence where there's no netting but since the tree is covering it, nothing aside from squirrels can get in.

Yeah..

I went out because they were running around the yard making noise.
Saw some furry bushy thing running away from them flinging itself at the fence.

Got in the yard and finally saw that it was a squirrel.
Left the door open wide enough and then tried to get it to run towards the door but it took 15 minutes of slipping around mud to get it in the direction I wanted
Finally got out but when I tried to close the door, I slipped a little and nearly cut my arm on some wire on the fence.

I'm fine though and I hope that squirrel doesn't come back because I'm pretty that if I hadn't helped it back out, our chickens would have finally tried their first squirrel

As to how it got in, there's a small space on the fence where there's no netting but since the tree is covering it, nothing aside from squirrels can get in.

Squirrel makes a fine meal, just ask my two cats... do you have minks or weasels where you reside? If so, they can probably get into your pen where the squirrel did due to their slinky body types and razor sharp teeth.

Squirrel, meat on the table mmmmmm!
squirrel.jpg

Back
Top Bottom