Squirrels gone bad.... Some graphic details

If the squirrels will not eat chicken food with chili powder in it, that would be one way to make the feed unavailable to the squirrels. Without the good source of food, the squirrels will be more inclined to go somewhere else.

Of course, that only works if the squirrels dislike chili powder and the chickens don't care. It's no good if the chicken's won't eat the feed, or if the squirrels like it too.

(I'm not saying this is the best fix, the only fix, or a quick fix; but in some cases it might be one possible fix for the situation.)

Killing squirrels is also one possible fix, but again not the only one.
Building a squirrel-proof chicken run could also be a possibility, although not one I would care to try.
I'm putting chilli powder in the morning feeding, let ya know what happens.
I'm actually thinking of replacing my netting with chicken wire. I'm pretty sure the holes would be too small for them to get through.
Hoping the chili powder works till then, if not it's trapping outside the run.

Sorry for being so snippy all. I just lost half my sweet corn this year to the fuzzy rats. Also countless peaches apples etc. I know a lot of you prefer not to kill things, but when it comes to squirrels, raccoons, foxes... I got over that.

I got lazy this year about trapping squirrels. Won't do that again.

When I die and go to the pearly gates, and St Peter turns out to be a squirrel, well I guess I know where I'll be heading.

I'd kill for a squirrel "problem."

The solution is an air rifle (not bb gun) and squirrel dumplings. Yum.
Yep, if they just ate feed it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but they chewed holes into the soffit of two buildings, ran around, stored food, made nests and raised babies in the soffits and attics, it was a heck of a mess.

Also agree about the air rifle, IMO a BB gun or drowning is not humane.

Back
Top Bottom