Squishy crop, sour crop?

How long has she been away from the flock? If it's been a few days, just be mindful nobody fights her being put back in. Chickens can be vicious sometimes.
Oh trust me, me and my one eyed rooster know that šŸ˜¬. But I will gradually reintroduce her, though it's only been two days, you cant be too careful

Oh, shes eating perfectly on her own, she ate her food as soon as I set it down, I am isolating her so I can monitor food intake and her poop. Her crop is passing the food because it was flat this morning so I think I will just let her get some apple cider vinegar, and see how she is tommarow

I think I'll go for the vet route first it shes not improving
I think going to the vet to have her checked out is the very best thing to do.

Good luck :)

I have what I think is good news. Her crop is completely flat and her poop is completely normal

She is passing the food

Ok so last night she filled her crop full of plain chicken food crumbles. This morning there is no food in it but like yesterday morning and this morning it feels like it has a bit of fluid. She didnt have access to water at night so the fluid isnt water, I dont know what the fluid.

I gave her more food tonight and it seems like we are back to were we were the other day, it is squishy again and today she drank so much water that it was makeing her regurgitate it. What came up was just water, it didnt have a smell.

I have what I think is good news. Her crop is completely flat and her poop is completely normal

Ok so last night she filled her crop full of plain chicken food crumbles. This morning there is no food in it but like yesterday morning and this morning it feels like it has a bit of fluid. She didnt have access to water at night so the fluid isnt water, I dont know what the fluid.

I gave her more food tonight and it seems like we are back to were we were the other day, it is squishy again and today she drank so much water that it was makeing her regurgitate it. What came up was just water, it didnt have a smell.
Listen. Either I'm not understanding you or you are going in circles...I'm going over this one more time.
I still do recommend that you seek the counsel of a vet.

Either the crop is empty/flat in the morning before she's had anything to eat/drink or it's not.
You say it's empty/flat in the morning.
Is it? Or are you feeling liquid in there?

You are giving her food at night? How late? Is she not with the flock and going to roost at dusk with the others or do you have her separated and she's eating late at night?

Are you keeping her from food and water?

Let her eat normally. Let her drink normally. Let her go to roost with the flock. Go out early right before the chickens come off the roost and feel her crop. This needs to be before she's had anything to eat/drink in the morning. If it's empty/flat, then that's normal.

You're feeling of the crop after she's been eating/drinking - or whenever - this is not an accurate gauge.

Check again.

I

Ok here is her current schedule. I'm feeding her 2 handfuls of chicken crumbles. She also has water with them. I gave her access to food once in the morning and once about 2 hours before they go in to roost. I also take her water out at night so she cant fill her crop up with anything, yet in the morning I still feel fluid in her crop. When I said it was flat it's because I didnt feel the fluid at the time. It's not a lot but its noticeable if you feel it for a bit. It's just fluid, I dont feel any food, just a bit of fluid. Also the crop wall if that's what its called is super soft, makeing the fluid easier to feel. I dont know if I'm explaining this right but I cant think of any other way to explain it.

Is she acting normal, eating/drinking, active, etc.?

If so, then I would let her eat free choice, be active with the flock and monitor the crop for a couple of days.

Is she acting normal, eating/drinking, active, etc.?

If so, then I would let her eat free choice, be active with the flock and monitor the crop for a couple of days.
Alright. Im just a bit extra worried because shes my favorite little baby. She always wants me to hold her when I'm out in the run.

This morning her crop is completely flat, not even a little liquid. I am letting her out of the hospital until/unless she starts acting sick or seclusive

Back
Top Bottom