SSH-Silver Spangled Hambugs~Advice?

They are a flighty breed, but a lot depends on theamount of time you spend with them. I always thought the roosters were a little sneaky. By that I mean, the often would run from a fight, but would sneak up on a hen of another rooster, breed her, then head for the hills. Sneaky!!!
wink.png

I got rid of all mine yesterday. Although a beautiful bird, they are the most flightiest crazy birds I have ever had. I raised them from a day old and handled them daily up till they went in with the main flock. Crazy birds, just crazy.
gig.gif

i dont like mine..shes to flighty..but..its probably my fault...i didnt handle her that much...BUT..i didnt handle her that much BECAUSE she was flighty...so....
gig.gif

I got four hen chicks in an order from McM's for resale. But by the time they were ready to go, I decided to keep two because they were so cute and brightened up the flock. They are touch-me-nots, but not too flighty. They come around with the other chickens for treats.
McM sent us a golden penciled Hamburg as one of our free chicks (took us a while to figure out what he was!) I would have loved to keep him, but we couldn't. I gave him away. He was sweet, and a little friendlier than the girls. And very beautiful!

Young cockerels can get flighty and injure their hip bone. I had two in the past develope this. The leg does not get better and they eventually die. I approached one vet and asked him what I could do. He recommended magnesium. When they were young I crushed up magnesium capsules I bought at Wal-Mart vitamen dept. and put it in their feed. I feel it helped. i do it for my turkeys now.

My Hamburgs were a bit flighty and did not like to be contained. My hens would squawk to get out of the run every morning. They are beautiful birds, and mine were very nice. If you don't live in town I would say yes get them!

I got mine from GracefulBantams btw-I recommend any of her hatching eggs
smile.png

Quote:
Sorry to go a bit off topic, but Coffeemama, are the Hamburg chicks on your BYC page from eggs I sent you? If so, could I link to your page from my website?

Thanks
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom