St*pid goats keep getting into my yard and chicken coops: Part two

1st_chicken

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 26, 2011
Here is part one: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=7737996#p7737996
We
both live in separate houses not far from each other. And we both go halves on renting land near it. (The only reason I'm renting with her is because it is next to my house!
somad.gif

*UPDATE********

Guess what happened now!!!!

That lady has a garden in which she is very pesky about keeping absolutely PERFECT...

She hates chickens, like i hate goats.

She says that chickens are pesky because they ruin all her flowers. And she hates my guinea fowl because she says they are noisy.

She complains all the time about her flower beds. Even though they look perfectly fine.

Well one of my prized roosters wandered a bit on her house yard. And she took him to the auction with her and sold him!!!!!! She claims she had a right to because he went on her yard. even though her stup*d goats go on my yard all the time, and they poop all over my deck.
somad.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Repay in kind one of her goats goes to auction when it enters your property and while we are at it keep your chickens out of her yard.

Last edited:
Good fences make for good neighbors....well...not exactly GOOD neighbors, but it will eliminate this type of problem with bad ones.

I had a neighbor once whose hundreds of sickly cats would parade across my property and try to hunt my chickens~every day. One time a chicken of mine wandered over and you would have thought it was WWIII and my chicken carried the nuclear threat.
roll.png

If you want to avoid these issues, either move to where there are no near neighbors or erect fences to keep your mess on your side and theirs on theirs.

Did she tell you she took him to auction? If this is the case I would eat her goats next time they came on your "personal" property! If you are sharing the farm land and that is where her flower beds are I would auction the goats found in the coop. Eye for an eye. Sorry I believe Im in a bad mood and really want to shoot my cheating husband but can't SO if you need I can hop on a plane and come shoot her goats for you!
rant.gif
somad.gif

Agreed with the others! If she flat out told you that she auctioned your rooster because he was on her property, you have every right to start auctioning her goats. It's a fair trade off IMO.

Do you have animal control in your area? If so, I would call them and have them pick up her goats the next time you catch them in your coop. Check your livestock laws, around here if livestock is left to wander their owner is responsible for any damages they may cause (like getting hit by a car, or eating someones prize flowers, or eating someones chicken feed...) Your neighbor doesn't sound like a very nice person, and I think if you took the route of rounding her animals up and auctioning them (even if she did the same to your roo) she may retaliate. She may start coaxing your birds her way and get it in her mind to get rid of them all. Or, she may call the police and report you for stealing her livestock. I'm sure it would feel real good to repay her in kind, but two wrongs don't make a right. Even if she told you flat out she auctioned off your rooster, you have no proof. And if you auction or kill the goats and she calls the police, I bet she's not going to tell them she took your bird to the auction. She stole something from you if she truely got rid of the rooster. Call the cops, tell them what she did, tell them about the goats, be the first to file a report. It will make you look alot better should you start having worse problems with her. And I do agree that you should pen your chickens in, or maybe fence your whole yard. Fences DO make good neighbors- really tall fences. Good luck....

Quote:
Agreed, retaliation will only lead to a war with no winners (especially the animals). Look into electric fencing (electric netting may work better for you) to keep the goats out and chickens in. Once you have fenced in the chickens tell her that you solved the problem on your end, and that you expect her to do the same. Warn her that if she does not stop the goats from running amok then you will call animal control and she will pay for all the chicken food/damage done from now on.

ETA: With the goats attacking (butting) you, you could get seriously injured! When you confront your neighbor about the goats be sure and mention that if you get any injury from them SHE will be the one paying the bill.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom