Stabilizing night temps?

Hennyhandler

SilkieJax
10 Years
Jun 10, 2009
Cullman
I was wondering how to keep the temps stable at night? My thermometers are roughly 99 to 101 but at night they are more like 98,99,100. If this is fine please let me know but I feel like it is a tad low. I have a LG. So if you have any ideas of keeping it more stable please let me know. Thanks.

The LGs or any other styrofoam incubator are very sensative to surrounding temperature. If your household thermostat keeps the house cooler at night than during the day, one of those smart thermostats, then your LG will fluxuate some also. However the temps you mention in your starting post are not really anything to worry about. A degree to high or to low continuously will cause the incubation period to be shorter or longer, but other than that, won't effect the outcome if it's only one or two degrees. I agree with tec27 it is a hair low but will be fine and you don't need to do anything to correct it.
smile.png
Good Luck with your hatch.

Last edited:
I am actually having the same problems now with my styrofoam bator. Its in my living room and its a constant 100 degrees all day. However, around 12:00 at night it was slowly start to dip. I woke up around 10:00 this morning and it was down to 96. If i turn it up slightly at night, when i wake up its 107. This isn't my first time hatching and i know that if i leave the temperature alone and have it dip down to 96 at night, it won't affect my hatch rate too much. I usually end up getting an 80-90% hatch rate.

Thank you for all the replies. That is what I was afraid of Tec27. I figured it would go too high if i messed with it. I got it fixed the other day. This morning it was down to 97 but after working with it I got it up fairly quickly. I don't mind working with the fluctuating as long as it isn't going to affect the hatch too much. This makes me feel lots better.

Back
Top Bottom