Stablising a Little Giant!

Rainstorm

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Lake Placid FLorida
Is there No fast easy way to do that?
ive been tryng to get it right since 1 earlier today and it either goes 2-5 F's above right temp or 2-5 below
he.gif

and I cant get humidity right, I got all the trays in it filled up but it stays around the 45's? or below

WHERE ON EARTH DO YOU PEOPLE GET SO MUCH PATIENCE FROM?

I have heard that you need to do little adjustments and then leave it 24 hrs, then adjust a tiny bit more, that the adjustment is touchy, but once you get it stabilized, you are good to go.

Quote:
I got my patience when I finally got tired of fighting my Little Giant and it's up and down temps and drop kicked it into the trash can and got my first hovabator. I should have done it a long time before I finally did.

Quote:
I got my patience when I finally got tired of fighting my Little Giant and it's up and down temps and drop kicked it into the trash can and got my first hovabator. I should have done it a long time before I finally did.

LOL not happening anytime soon here! just got it today for first incubating try

I've used a Little Giant one time and found it way to finicky for my taste. It was a lot of adjusting and I never could get the temp. to hold steady the whole time my eggs I was trying to hatch were in it. I would highly recommend a Hova Bator for anyone with short patience. Just plug it in, let it climb to the right temp. and you are good to go!
wink.png

you could always use a hammer.......ok really i have one & yes its a pain at first but once you get it set you should be fine . i lost my first hatch after day 18, no clue why , i took the turner out & added more water & when i opened the dead eggs to check why , they all were very wet inside . i think they drowned. wish you luck

If you figure out an easier way, let me know
roll.png
Watch it until it reaches the right temp and then turn the knob tiny bits until the light just goes out. Then walk away for an hour
smile.png
Took me a while too.

To Stabilize a LG in five easy steps.

1) Get glass of rootbeer. Drink for relaxation.
2) Get large sledgehammer.
3) Slam sledgehammer down with as much force as you can muster
4) Repeat until the rootbeer wears off.
5) Buy a hovabator.

Back
Top Bottom