staggered hatch? Basics please.

So...let me talk this through and if its wrong please chime in. If you are doing a staggered hatch with one incubator its best to have the eggs all set around the same time, lets say 72 hours? In this case, during lockdown would you keep turning the later eggs? Or just send them all into lockdown at the same time with no turning.

There is some thought that the hatching chicks would be more than adequate to turn the eggs still incubating. When those babies start hatching and stumbling around,eggs get tossed and turned all over.
I think most people doing staggered hatches have separate brooders. In your case, I would try to just add those eggs asap and have a long 48 hour hatch.

Quote:
Hey there!

Hi! I can't believe how fast your eggs got here. My other eggs were shipped tuesday from tennessee, so I thought I'd have to wait for you eggs, but the other ones aren't here yet, but yours are! They really are beautiful. I'm gonna just stop turning the other ones since they'll only be 1 day behind yours (hopefully).

Quote:
Hey there!

Hi! I can't believe how fast your eggs got here. My other eggs were shipped tuesday from tennessee, so I thought I'd have to wait for you eggs, but the other ones aren't here yet, but yours are! They really are beautiful. I'm gonna just stop
the other ones since they'll only be 1 day behind yours (hopefully).

I know! That's quick shipping from Idaho. Hopefully you will get a good hatch of out them. I can't wait to see.

You would need to continue turning any eggs not in lockedown wether by auto or hand
3 days difference may not seem like much but can be
And once eggs are in lock down leave them be

I do staggered hatches but I have my incubater and I have a homemade hatcher I move the eggs that are going in lockdown into the hatcher where I have the humidity up and the temp right and leave the eggs that aren't ready yet in the incubater I have eggs hacthing mon. the 14th , 16th , 21st and the 24th lol

Back
Top Bottom