staggered hatch

tnmommy

Songster
11 Years
Apr 14, 2013
Loretto, TN
I lost my mind and ordered some australorp eggs that will be going in the bator with some chocolate/mauve orpingtons. Most of the orp eggs are questionable based on the candling I did this morning. So, I will be hand-turning eggs for about a week until the orp eggs (hopefully) hatch. Can I use a cardboard or styrofoam egg carton in there?

Thanks, how funky! I did not cut holes in my cartons last year, and as it didn't matter last year, I did not do it again this year. I'm using cardboard, and didn't trust the integrity of the cartons holding together with the bottoms cut out. I lay my eggs flat on or around day 14.

Thanks, how funky! I did not cut holes in my cartons last year, and as it didn't matter last year, I did not do it again this year. I'm using cardboard, and didn't trust the integrity of the cartons holding together with the bottoms cut out. I lay my eggs flat on or around day 14.

Lots of folks use an egg carton with cut-outs in the incubator and/or hatcher.

I do.
I would like to try this Fred but am worried about air flow--do you feel air flow this way is sufficient. I have Dick Horstman's silver penciled rocks going into lockdown Tues and would like to give it a shot. I get your barred rocks soon--so excited!

Back
Top Bottom