Staggered hatches in one incubator

Thanks everyone. These are shipped eggs so they've been through a lot anyway. I set them and don't turn them for the first 4 days (I don't have a turner, all by hand). The second batch was not expected for several more days so I was quite surprised when they showed up the next day. I will take all the advice under advisement. Thanks again. I feel better.
Good luck!

I generally remove them from the auto turner on bout day 18/19 but I continue to hand turn them until they externally pip, then I rotate the pip upwards and stop turning that egg...

A broody hen turns her eggs over 50 times a day every day all the way until the chickens hatch out....

They myth the chicken will get disorientated just doesn't fit natural incubation techniques, where the broody bird never stops turning and moving eggs, also the first chick to hatch normally bulldozes and rolls all the other eggs all over the place... In nature there is no 'lock down' or stopping of turning...
@MeepBeep Thank you for confirming this! That is what I observed when I spied on my hen with the webcam, and then I had a chick pip and unzip in the incubator when I forgot the auto turner!

Back
Top Bottom