Stale Cereal

I'd be more worried about the chocolate than the sugar. Sugar is harmless short term. The only reason humans have issues with it is because we throw all kinds of sweeteners in everything so we are eating sugar or some form of it with every meal, every day of the week. Tossing out one meal of high sugar cereal is unlikely to do anything. Chocolate though even in small amounts can cause problems for some animals. The amount of chocolate can vary a lot by individual. We had this little terrier that ate chocolate every day plus an extra piece or 2 of andes mints every sunday and lived to be 16-18years old. I've heard of dogs eating entire chocolate bars or those giant hershey's kisses without even an upset stomach later. On the other end of the spectrum my aunt had a large dog who ended up at the vet after a little sliver of chocolate and I know people who have lost dogs after one time of eating less than our terrier consumed every day.

At first I was like It should be OK, but did a little research and found:

1. Chocolate
Chocolate is a wonderful treat to share with human family members, but it can be harmful or fatal to your pet bird. Chocolate poisoning first affects a bird's digestive system, causing vomiting and diarrhea. As the condition progresses, the bird's central nervous system is affected, first causing seizures and eventually death.

And Cocoa crispies has 3 chocolate ingredients.

Ingredients
Rice, Sugar, Cocoa (Treated with Alkali)Semisweet Chocolate (Sugar, Chocolate Liquor, Cocoa Butter, Artificial Flavoring)Salt, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (One or More of; Coconut, Cottonseed and Soybean)High Fructose Corn Syrup, Calcium Carbonate, Malt Flavoring, Artificial Flavor, Ascorbic Acid and Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C)Niacinamide, Iron, Zinc Oxide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)Thiamin Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1)Vitamin A Palmitate, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D. To Maintain Quality, BHT has Been Added to the Packaging.

IRM,

I think on reflection, I'd skip the animals. Take the box to work and leave in the ICCU breakroom for the nurses.
roll.png

Imp- Yes I read the other thread.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom