Stall Dry, my new best friend...

I read this and called our TSC she said she had some bags of it but thought they were out and took my name/phone number to call me when it came in. She then called back and said she found them, she had 3 bags of it. It was 9.99 and is about a 26lb, they were on the floor in the back by the horse things. Reminded me of the bags that soil comes in from Wal-Mart-thicker plastic but the same size.
I'm soooooo excited can't wait to add it tonight!!!
wee.gif

Ok, so I went to TSC and they had it, yeah. Now, my girls are only 2 weeks old, but the shavings don't always seem to dry the poo quickly and they walk in it and make a mess on their feet that I have to clean off them. How much do you need to use to make it effective? Thanks

I use Stall Dri and when I replace the wood shavings, in a 5x8 area, I sprinkle about 2 cups on top of it.

Last edited:
i haven't heard of this stuff y'all are talking about but i do have a tractor supply close by...i was wondering if i could use this in a duck and goose pen over shavings or hay...i have a pen on a concrete slab and have to hose it out every morning...i thought maybe i could use this over shavings and not have to hose everyday...ducks are notoriously smelly and keep their pens very wet...thanks for any help...virginia

I got my DE online, 50lbs for 60.00 i think, Shipping was included. Oh it is food grade also, I got mine from Donkey Ridge. Sandy

I just want to add that I went out and purchased a bag of the sweet pdz this past Friday. I changed out the chips in my chicks brooder then and mixed in some of the pdz (powder form). It is Sunday now and there is NO smell coming from this brooder! OMG for real! Without that stuff added in, my brooder would stink to high heaven after almost two days!

Also, my DS has a pet mouse that stinks pretty darn bad. This mouse is kept on pine chips too so I mixed in some pdz. I sure hope to see a difference in that stink too!
fl.gif

Too funny. I did the same thing, brought the bag home, added it to the coop, the brooder I'm setting up, and had my DD add it to her guinea pig cage, kitty litter box and under the rabbit cage.
lol.png

I got some this weekend as well. Chickens had fun dusting in it, though my white rocks are now dingy gray! ha! Is it ok if they eat it? It's Stall Dry. I sprinkled it over their pine shavings/shredded paper floor.

Will it really help in the cat litter boxes as well? With 5 cats, could use all the help with odors possible.

Back
Top Bottom