Stall Dry, my new best friend...

I don't know the answer to that question but I'm curious too. I cannot be without my Stall Dry. In fact, our feed store had buy one get one free last weekend so I stocked up! They were even selling 40# bags for $8, that's $2 less than I normally pay for the food grade kind
big_smile.png
I use it in my litterboxes too every time I scoop them. It works like a charm, no smell and the cats love the extra sand to dig in.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I just wanted you all to know I love DE! Best stuff. I have chickens dogs cats and I use it on everybody. I sprinkle it on my dogs and cats for fleas then I put it in the chicken coop bedding. I also put it in everyones food for a natural dewormer. This is my first time owning chickens this year. I raised them with DE. I havent had 1 sick chicken, not even with lice or any kind of parisite! So I am very happy with my motherhood. I cant say it got rid of the flies though. I had so many flies. My chickens are free range so when they come on the porch and poop, flies come from eveywhere and they all land on it. I cant believe how many flies can land on one dropping!
roll.png

I free range my chickens and when they hear the back door open they come running . The flies were REALLY getting bad, until i made the soda bottle fly catcher someone posted on here, just set it near the back steps, could not believethefly's it caught, so now between the DE and the fly catchers we are doing good on fly's.
thumbsup.gif
marrie

I'm having trouble finding it in Arkansas. I check with our TSC, and they looked at me funny. Our Farmer's CO-OP also didn't carry it.

Any Arkansasans want to clue me in? I really need it more for the goats than the chickens. Goats poo a lot!!!!

I'm in Arkansas too, and I'd love to know where to get it. I'll call around and see if I can find out, but I don't have a lot of hope, as we're the last to get anything.
sad.png

Nobody in Utah seems to have heard of it either. I found a product on the internet called 'Dry Stall' and they will ship a free sample (don't know how much) to a feed store of your choice. Of course, no one has that EITHER. My hope is that, since it's supposed to be used in a horse's stall, they'll send me enough in the sample to last awhile, so I can at least see if it's better for moisture than DE. I love my DE, but I could've used something more when we had a big blowing rain and the yard sand got wet. I found out it takes forever for sand to dry.

For those in Arkansas - I called all over the central ark area. Nobody carries stall dry. At the Little Rock and Benton Farmers Association feed stores they have Sweet PDZ which works the same and is safe. It is made from a little different stuff, but is all natural. 40lb bag of granulated is $11.95, they also have a powdered form. Product website is here http://www.sweetpdz.com/

I am so glad to see this post! I just bought a 50lb bag for 18$ of PDZ at our local feed store they dont carry DE and really didnt know anything about the food grade version. I cant afford the shipping on the DE so I was hoping it would work like DE. I got the powder version so that I can put it in a sifter and sprinkle it in my run and coop. BYC members are such a blessing and so informative! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom