Stall dry

Anybody know where I can find this stuff? I live in the south Atlanta area. The TSC in Griffin never has it in when I go in to look for it. Can I use pool-grade DE mixed with sand or pelleted clay -like cat litter? Flies are terrible around here already!

TIA, Christi

"Pool filter grade diatomaceous earth has been heat and chemically treated and will poison an animal or human who ingests it, so it is always of utmost importance to only obtain food grade diatomaceous earth to use in and around your household. "

LovinMyHensInNC! :

"Pool filter grade diatomaceous earth has been heat and chemically treated and will poison an animal or human who ingests it, so it is always of utmost importance to only obtain food grade diatomaceous earth to use in and around your household. "

Plus it has a much higher silicon content that food grade.​

I have never heard of stall dry before.... We don't have tsc's around here. before this forum i didn't know what tsc was.... lol

I did get my feed store to order me a 50# of de (food grade). we used it everywhere...

I've been using it in the coop. The only flies I've noticed are on the windows, inside. Not so much in the shavings.

I haven't used it in the run, yet. It's only the last few days that I've noticed the fly population increasing in the run. But it rained yesterday and today, so I didn't want to waste it by sprinkling it in the run. If the forecast is dry for the next few days, I'll do it tomorrow.

sweet pdz will work also if you can't find stall dry, the company even says it is safe for chickens to eat the pellet version on its web site

Back
Top Bottom