1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

stall mate(dri)??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by emjay, Sep 7, 2009.

1. emjay

emjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    I have heard that D.M. is a good thing to sprinkle in the chicken runs as it kills parasites and such, is this true?
    I know the product has many many valuable uses.

2. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    I've been using Stall Dry in my horse stall turned chicken coop since I had it left over from owning horses.

I like to layer wood pellets, stall dry, and aspin shavings. Stays dry, no flies, and the girls like to dust bath in it because the wood pellets break down to saw dusty stuff.

I just discovered a feed store close by carries food grade DE for $22.00 for 50 lbs, so I'll pickup some of that next time.

[​IMG]

3. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

4. nature nut

nature nut Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    Southeast Louisiana
    I also use the stall dry. I have sand in my run, house, and in the sand trays on my poop board. It dries the poop up well and makes it very quick and easy to scoop out. There is zero smell [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by