Stand up heater

I did....I brooded 4 batches this year, worked great. I used it on high setting for the first two weeks, lowered for the rest.

I did....I brooded 4 batches this year, worked great. I used it on high setting for the first two weeks, lowered for the rest.
Would you mind telling me how you did it. I’m getting 6 chicks in February and I plan on putting them in a tote for 1 to 2 weeks . Then moving into coop. Did you leave it standing or did you lean it over.

I attached two pics, one from when they were in the large hamster cage inside, then when they graduated to the watermelon box outside in the garage. If you’re using a tote, make sure it’s reallllllllly big😂I had that intention at first, but they grow so fast, I think they only lasted a few days before I realized it wasn’t large enough for them. When they're in the cage inside, the TV looking screen back left, in there is the heater.

Attachments

• A45B3AF8-233F-4E06-A46D-283FB33B042A.jpeg
    A45B3AF8-233F-4E06-A46D-283FB33B042A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 0F6ECD6F-262D-4EB3-84E7-FEF11541C27A.jpeg
    0F6ECD6F-262D-4EB3-84E7-FEF11541C27A.jpeg
    432.2 KB · Views: 11
I attached two pics, one from when they were in the large hamster cage inside, then when they graduated to the watermelon box outside in the garage. If you’re using a tote, make sure it’s reallllllllly big😂I had that intention at first, but they grow so fast, I think they only lasted a few days before I realized it wasn’t large enough for them. When they're in the cage inside, the TV looking screen back left, in there is the heater.
Thank you so much 😘

This stand up heater, is this essentially a warming plate? I hoped to do the same thing and begin incubation early January with a hatch in early February and hoped to put them outside at 4-5 weeks using the warming plate for them to adjust their own temps based on what they need whether moving closer or farther away.

This stand up heater, is this essentially a warming plate? I hoped to do the same thing and begin incubation early January with a hatch in early February and hoped to put them outside at 4-5 weeks using the warming plate for them to adjust their own temps based on what they need whether moving closer or farther away.
I would imagine it is, I never used the warming plate myself. It doesn't give off that much heat to be honest. If you see the set ups I had, if I stuck my hand in there away from the heater, I couldn't feel it much. I almost had to be a few inches away to feel it. Not sure where you live, but here March is still real cold, so they may not stray far away from it. So, if you do as you plan, you may want to keep food/water kind of on the closer side to it.

Back
Top Bottom