Standard Old English Games

Does anybody know an email/phone for either Sam Brush, or Clifford Douglas? I use to have a few blue reds when I was younger that I showed up in Indiana. I would love to start over with a few birds and I know these two gentleman use to raise them. Any help would be much appreciated!

Best Regards,

John Jenkins

I am sure your pictures are of some great birds but they are not Old English. While a lot of people think that American Pit Games= Old English games, they are very different. They have some colors that are close to the same, but the type is very different.

Bob

Can anyone tell me if these hens, particularly hen #1, have Standard Old English Game mixed in?

I hatched a batch of grab bag eggs that were supposed to be pure layer breeds, but I've found that they are definitely NOT pure and am trying to figure out what I've got.

The best I can figure is they have game bird in them or possibly EE...I'm leaning more towards game bird as I've had 3 of the bunch look particularly game-birdish.

They are 16 weeks in these photos.

Thanks
Lady of McCamley (wondering what she's got in the coop)

Hen #1 She came from a typical large brown egg like a RIR would lay. Is large but thinner/lanky, however not lightweight in build, and very tall. She is flighty but will sit in the nest rather than roost, and is not excessively restless. She has clear eyebrow tufts and a small single comb that goes up her head in a thin line to end in a single comb cluster at her crown (not a buttercup, not rose, not walnut...still single comb).

Hen #2 is the left hen. She has a rose comb, very small eyebrow tufts and came from a small light beige egg. She is the most tamed of the bunch (they were raised by a broody so not hand raised tame therfore all are somewhat flighty). I was thinking #2 was a Wyandotte mix with either EE but with the eyebrow tufts am now thinking possibly OEG.

and finally hen #3 is clearly game bird of some sort. She came from a small light beige egg and had black face and comb as a chick so I was thinking Sumatra/EE but her comb has turned red and her ear lobes look white and there is now no sign of black on them. Could she have OEG instead? She is the flightiest of them all. She will fly into a tree or top of the coop to roost. I've clipped her wings to keep her on the property. She is not aggressive in any way though.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Lady of McCamley

Last edited:
Sorry I missed this the first time around. I am glad to see you get back into Large OE. There are so many good things about them I just don't see why more people don't raise them.
The OE (LF) world is getting smaller and smaller. The OEGCA is basically non-existent and now Cliff Douglass is very sick. I wish that Rich Baker would come back into the fold but I think the poultry politics just ruined it for him.

I had a very rough years with my creles and didn't raise hardly any and lost my best hen. I plan to raise a lot of them this season and plan to start early. I also plan on working on BB Red by Crossing some BB Red Bantams into my Creles.
Bob
I have Brown Reds and Lemon Blues. My Lemons came from Rich Baker. I made the Brown Reds utilizing the birds from Rich.
I am working on Brown Red/Lemon Blue Muffs and BBR Toppies.

Back
Top Bottom