Standard size Buff Columbian Cochin????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kennedyscochins, Nov 2, 2009.

1. kennedyscochins

kennedyscochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Big Clifty
    Please help Identify

I ordered pure bred cochins from Ideal Poultry. However, I got a buff one in the mix with columbian markings on it's neck and black in the tail feathers. I sent them a picture to identify because this obviously wasn't a pure bred buff cochin. Ideal Poultry sent this picture to the owner of the chickens. He stated that is was a buff brahma (which is not what I ordered). However, I thought brahmas had pea combs and this definitely has the single comb of the cochin. I have contacted many different breeders and sent them pictures with different responses. I know there are bantam buff columbian cochins but have not heard of standard size buff columbian cochins. Is it possible that I could have that or is this something else?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks everyone!

2. roostercruiser

roostercruiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2009
    Reelsville, IN
    Looks like a cross between a buff brahma and a buff cochin. Even though he has a single comb he has a long tail for a cochin. They both have feathered legs and feet. Coming from a hatchery who really knows what you got though.

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Wow- that would be an awesome project bird!!!!! I'd guess it was a brahma with the wrong comb, or a brahma x cochin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by