Staph Infecrion

The staph infection in her feet and legs has somehow effected her ability to walk and roost, probably due to pain and/or stiffness in joints or muscles. I would continue the warm epsom salt baths which bring temporary pain relief if that's the case. Or perhaps get her started on Meloxicam.
http://www.poultrydvm.com/drugs/meloxicam

DE is a waste of money and will not prevent nor treat internal or external parasites. Vinegar does not prevent internal parasites neither.
I recommend purchasing Valbazen and orally dosing all your chickens 1/2ml orally using a syringe without a needle, repeat again in 10 days. It will take care of any worms your birds may have.

The staph infection in her feet and legs has somehow effected her ability to walk and roost, probably due to pain and/or stiffness in joints or muscles. I would continue the warm epsom salt baths which bring temporary pain relief if that's the case. Or perhaps get her started on Meloxicam.
http://www.poultrydvm.com/drugs/meloxicam

DE is a waste of money and will not prevent nor treat internal or external parasites. Vinegar does not prevent internal parasites neither.
I recommend purchasing Valbazen and orally dosing all your chickens 1/2ml orally using a syringe without a needle, repeat again in 10 days. It will take care of any worms your birds may have.
Thank you for this information. I will examine others vents this afternoon and see if we detect worms. Summer hot days in Virginia are very hard in these creatures for sure!!!
Thanks again!

Thank you for this information. I will examine others vents this afternoon and see if we detect worms. Summer hot days in Virginia are very hard in these creatures for sure!!!
Thanks again!
It would be best to gather a few fresh fecal samples from different birds, to include the limp bird and put them in a plastic ziplock bag.
Then take it to a local vet and have them look for worm eggs under a microscope. Then you'll know for sure whether they have worms or not, and what types of worms they may have. Shouldnt cost much at all. Good luck.

It would be best to gather a few fresh fecal samples from different birds, to include the limp bird and put them in a plastic ziplock bag.
Then take it to a local vet and have them look for worm eggs under a microscope. Then you'll know for sure whether they have worms or not, and what types of worms they may have. Shouldnt cost much at all. Good luck.
Thumbs UP! You have been very helpful!
Thanks again!!!

Back
Top Bottom